Monday, February 23, 2015

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY HAWAII

 Last July we Celebrated our 10 year Anniversary. 3 states, and 5 kids later. We had never left the kids...EVER. This was a big deal, and I was scared to death. My baby Kambree was 15 months. I usually nurse my babies until 15 months {actually until I get pregnant again}....But in this case, I did stop, as we left for 8 days. But through lots of prayer, I actually was ok. I knew the babies were in great hands, and I knew my husband really wanted this. Me, and all of me for a whole week. I was totally blessed, as I truly was fine, and had an amazing time. Don't get me wrong, I did miss them, and was SO happy to be with them again. But this week in kauai, is a week ill never forget. A dream, a paradise.  To be with my best friend, no distractions, and to play and have fun and enjoy the most beautiful island {in my opinion} in hawaii. Here is our Journey: Top pic was a little blurry as we jumped on a shuttle as we had a small lay over in honolulu.

 It was amazing flying in. The water was truly crystal clear. 

 We got into our hotel late at night, and really didn't know exactly what was right in front of us. It was so amazing to wake up to this view. 
 Every morning we ran down to the beach, had to jolt across the water {waste deep} and then continued to run, until we reached the little town. Talk about an awesome workout. The views were breathtaking. 
 Our first day on the island we hiked to Hanakapiai Falls. It was an 8 mile high round trip. But when you reached the water fall at mile 4, everything was worth it. This hike was so fun. One thing I would for sure do again when we go back. 
 When we reached the waterfall we swam back behind the waterfall. The water was cold, but we had to do it. It was awesome! 
Oh and the ice cream above never tasted better after that hike! 
p.s, Hawaii has the best Ice cream I have ever tasted. 

 This was part of our run every morning, going through tons of trees like this, that were right on the beach. Sometimes we would see locals just taking a nap under the trees.  One morning, we were standing on the beach, waiting to cross the water, and a huge coconut fell from the tree, just inches away from where joe was standing. Kinda scary actually. But of course we had to bust it open and try it. It was interesting, the milk was so sweet, and the "meat" had the same consistency as fish. Not a ton of flavor, pretty bland actually, which surprised me because coconut is so sweet! 
 DAY 2: Our best friends form Arizona were also celebrating their 10 year anniversary. The adventures were so fun with them. The helicopter ride took my breath away. I had never been on a helicopter, and wow. The island is just amazing. We flew right over the beach that Bethany Hamilton lost her arm to the shark. And also just feet away from the waterfall that is on jurassic park .
DAY 3: zip lining. 9 zips. It was so fun flying through the forest.




 DAY 4: we rented some scooters in the evening, and rode down to a really nice restaurant on the beach... Then continued to zip around the island,  Going to ice cream and little shopping stores. I will say I was scared to death at first. Its like a minature motorcycle .. but by the end of the night I loved it. 




DAY 5: Boat Excursion.  One little store we stumbled upon while we waited for our boat excursion had tons and tons of different local nuts, some sweet, some salty... and they wanted you to try them all! it was awesome. Everyone loves a free sample! we did all end up getting our favorite ones.They tasted so yummy on our 5 hour excursion. 



 The views going around the island were un believable. Straight out of a movie. We got to go around the island... through caves, and stopped for snorkeling for an hour. That was so fun to do, a first for both of us.







 We LOVED going to the local farmers markets, and coming back to the hotel and making yummy stuff with all the yummy local fruits and vegetables. We made a really good salsa, and a really yummy desert: half mangos, with hawaian ice cream, with homemade granola and some more hawaian fruit. 
I am A HUGE fan of hawaii food. So fresh and so delicious.

 Our last day we went canoeing....then ended our night eating on the beach at the st Regis Resort, watching the sunset. It truly topped the trip off. I can't wait to go back. maybe 5 more years?? I really don't know.... But here is to hoping. 



2 comments:

  1. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for your 10th wedding anniversary!! You gave beautiful anniversary gift to your wife. It is really very lovely moment for any couple. Thanks for giving us chance to view your great post! I am also looking for some good New York corporate events locations. Please help me.

    ReplyDelete